Japan- Canada Academic Consortium 2015 (Spring 2015)
- Weeklong conference hosted at L’Université Laval with colleagues from Japanese universities in Japan, presented case regarding “Youth, Work, and a New World in the Making”.
- Conference hosted by UBC’s Equity Office. Sharing stories and building awareness around early Canadian pioneer histories and the systemic discrimination enacted by the University towards minority communities that still have impact today.
Richmond Museum: Eating Across Richmond Bus Tour (July 2016)
- Researched and coordinated with Richmond Museum to host a bus tour for international scholars exploring the histories of Chinese migration patterns to the City of Richmond and contemporary issues facing the city.
Community Knowledge Exchange City Series (November 2016)
- Nominated as a ‘Shift Disturber’ showcasing innovative thinkers and change makers in the private, public, and philanthropic sectors in Vancouver. Presented on the need to reform and reshape colonial education systems by creating spaces to recognize minority voices and histories.
UBC EDST 513 Summer 2017: Campus Environments (July 2017)
- Public lecture:“Re-framing UBC through and Asian Canadian Lens”
Richmond Museum: Our Journey’s Here Exhibit (July 2017- September 2018)
- Interviewed and featured as a long-time Richmond resident, with interview content used to supplement themes on home, belonging, identity, and diversity. Material used as educational resources for students.